So how many of the over 7,000 promises that God has made to you can you name? Go ahead….I’ll wait!
So most people struggle to come up with more than a handful, which is really sad. You do not have to have memorized the entire Bible to know at least a couple of hundred. In order to graduate from Liberty University and get ordained as a minister, I had to be able to name 300 or more from memory!!! Not bragging here in the least, just pointing out that if I can remember that many, anyone can!
Why should we know and remember God’s promises to us? Here is why – when you do not know the promises of God, you WORRY ABOUT EVERYTHING!
When you do not know what God has agreed to take care of in your life, you think the responsibility for everything lies directly on your shoulders alone – therefore all you can do is worry, and stress, and fret, and throw fits, and make yourself and those around you miserable.
Here are a few of God’s Promises for you to get you started:
- God sees and is aware of EVERYTHING you go through
- God CARES about EVERYTHING you go through
- God grieves when you hurt
- God loves you UNCONDITIONALLY
- God will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)
- God will turn all your ashes into beauty (Isaiah 61)
To stop worrying and get through your worst days, here is what you must do:
- You must call out to Jesus for His help – talk with Him about whats going on!
- You must remember the promises of God – remind God what He promised you!
- You must rely on the power of Jesus – on your own, you can accomplish nothing!
So remember to learn as many of God’s promises as possible. Then when you pray, you can remind Him what He promised you and then you can stop worrying because God has never once broken a promise!
Pastor Brad Komgenick