This was a question I was asked this morning at church! At church of all places!!! It’s like I tell everyone, Satan does some of his best work at church. Most people do not expect Satan to show up in a place he hates, but he’s no fool and he realizes it is in church that he has to work the hardest.
Ok I’m going to make this short and simple for everyone. Here are 15 reasons why the Bible will ALWAYS be relevant in the lives of Christians. If you have any questions about any of these reasons do not hesitate to ask me and I’ll be happy to expound on any of them. Here we go:
The Christians Convictions About the Relevancy of the Bible:
- It is timeless – it is never outdated – it speaks to every generation
- It is infallible – it is 100% without error
- It is the revelation of the One True God to man
- It exposes man’s sinfulness and his hopeless condition of our sinful nature
- It is a trustworthy guide for our daily life
- It pictures for us the consequences of sin
- It reveals God’s unconditional love for us
- It explains how we can be saved from our sins – (see John 3:16)
- It declares who Jesus is and why He came
- It explains why Jesus had to die on the cross
- It describes Jesus resurrection
- It explains what happens to us at death
- It assures us of the return of Christ and our future rewards
- It tells us of future events to come
- It is the indestructible Word of the Living God
Yes the Bible is today, and always will be, relevant in the lives of Christians.
Yes you should be reading your Bible every single day, if only a chapter or two, and then talking with God about how what you just read should be applied to your life.
Yes you should be sharing the Bible with anyone you come in contact with who will listen to you.
God inspired men to write , word for word, exactly what He wanted them to write to let us know how we should be living our lives if we want to spend eternity with Him in Heaven.
I hope when you are sitting in church or listening to sermon podcast that you are doing a couple of things:
- You are asking yourself, “How can I apply what the pastor is teaching me to my life”
- How can I share this knowledge with other people who desperately need it.
To put in bluntly, without the Bible, we would all be headed directly to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200 dollars. We would have no idea what God requires of us, nor how we are to ensure we can meet those requirements.
Value your Bible. Treasure your Bible. Don’t have a Bible? Run out and get one immediately. Read your Bible. Take notes on your Bible. Then LIVE OUT the Bible in your own life. It is the only way to please God.
Ok, I’ll jump down from my Pastor’s soapbox and go read my Bible.
Pastor Brad Komgenick